Apple cider vinegar is something I have been using for quite a few years. ACV has so many amazing benefits – always make sure you are getting unfiltered, raw organic & unpasteurized. Make sure it is unfiltered and unprocessed with all of its “mother ” still in it.
There are a bunch of vinegars out there. Right now, I use Braggs ACV. I have tried others and I don’t like them as much as the Braggs. We use it in our daily morning routine…I add 2 tbsp to a little bit of water – quick & simple! Gives you a burst of energy as well.
Wegmans, a local grocery store recently came out with their own ACV and I may try that after we use up the Braggs we have left – I will let you know how it is 😀
Some key health benefits:
- Promotes healthy digestion & pH Balance – the main key to staying healthy is to have more of an alkaline body. When the body is overly acidic, it creates an unwanted environment where illness, bacteria, and yeast thrive. You can develop so many health issues with a poor pH level – kidney infections, cancer, heart problems, weight gain, headaches, premature aging, and the list goes on and on and on and on…. ugh! A healthy pH level is between 6.75 to 7.25.
- Helps lower blood pressure – it is a great component in helping to lower bad cholesterol, which in turn has a positive effect on your blood pressure.
- Rich in enzymes & potassium
- It helps remove toxins – full of vitamins, minerals and enzymes in it’s raw form
- Relieves heartburn
- Helps in weight loss by helping the body flush out more fats and giving a person’s metabolism the boost it needs.
With all of that greatness being said, there is no reason why you wouldn’t want to take ACV, unless you don’t want to be healthy and feel good? That is all up to you! The NOW brand does have a pill form as well in case you do not like the smell of pure vinegar and don’t want to drink it…but I personally have never tried it. The ingredients say “apple cider vinegar powder” so who knows what kind it is!? It is unpasteurized? Probably not! Raw.. hmm, don’t know!?
We have been making a turmeric mixture, lemon, apple cider vinegar & raw honey drink for about a year now and drink that every day. We keep a huge mason jar with a turmeric, cayenne, ginger and pepper mixture at all times in the cupboard.
Apple Cider Vinegar drink
All you have to do is:
- heat up some water (heat it up just enough so the honey can melt, you do not have to boil)
- 1-2 tablespoons of the turmeric mixture
- Pour water into BIG mason jar with 1 heaping spoon of the raw honey. Give it a good stir until honey is melted.
- Cut an organic lemon into 2-4 pieces, however you’d like, and add it to your mason jar
- Once it cools for a little bit, put the 1-2 tbsp of ACV in and stir.
- I always put it into the fridge for about an hour + because someone likes theirs really cold when they drink it.