Ohhhh avocados, how I love you! I could probably live off them. So yummy.. eat them alone with a spoon, on top of eggs, use it in place of mayo in tuna, GUACAMOLE…!! Mmmmm, my mouth is watering. I want some NOW!
Can you believe it is a fat?! A HEALTHY ONE!! YAY!! There are a ton of healthy benefits by consuming this delicious fruit. Avocados have been known to be one of the “superfoods”.
In case you don’t know! Avocados are commercially valuable and are cultivated in tropical and Mediterranean climates throughout the world. They have a green-skinned, fleshy body that may be pear-shaped, egg-shaped, or spherical.
I have a bunch of them here for ya…
- so many nutrients (Vitamin C, B6, E, K, Potassium & Folate) even has more Potassium than bananas (which are amazing as well, mmm)
- heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids: the fat in avocados is oleic acid. This acid has been linked to reducing inflammation & controlling diabetes. Oleic acid is also found in olive oil and sunflower oil, which are both to cook with along with avocado oil.
- Help lower cholesterol. Unfortunately, heart disease is the most common cause of death.
- Loaded with antioxidants that can protect your eyes. They are high in Lutein and Zeaxanthin which are very important for eye health.
- Helping in losing weight. Avocados are high in fiber and low in carbs – so eating them will make you feel fuller for longer. You won’t want to eat a plate full of pizza all of the time!
This picture made me laugh out loud! So True!!
They also can turn VERY quick! They can be hard one day, and the next ripe then yuck, all brown and you have to throw that lovely little fruit out 🙁
There are so many ways to eat them — me, most of the time all by their lonesome.
My favorite way to eat them is making an egg or 2 and slicing up an entire avocado. Put the avocado on top of the eggs along with some Sriracha and hemp seeds. DELISH! You’ll want to eat that every single morning.