Chili Chili, oh yummy chili…. I absolutely love making different things in my crockpot. The longer it cooks, the more delicious it is. One of those things I enjoy making (especially on cold wintery Buffalo days) is C-H-I-L-I! You can never go wrong with it. We make a ton of it then give some away, freeze some, and eat a lot! 😉
I am not one to ever exactly measure ingredients when cooking.. I think that is what makes it better. A little bit of this, a lot of that.. I add different things, what ever I am feeling on that day..
So, this is one of my chili recipes that I make – you can add/take out/put more or less of an ingredient in – but this specific one is fantastic….(at least we think so ;))
- 3 lbs Organic Ground beef or turkey. (depends how I feel that day)
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 onions
- lots garlic
- 1 – 25 oz can kidney beans
- 1 – 25 oz can black beans
- 1 jar organic strained tomatoes
- 1 – 28 oz can organic crushed tomatoes
- 2-3 packets of chili seasoning (i used the low sodium ones)
- Sour cream
- mexican cheese blend
It doesn’t take many ingredients to make chili. I love a lot of different spices – I do want to make a chili soon with TURMERIC in it …hehehe… i cannot get enough of it.. I actually buy the organic turmeric powder on Amazon. Any who, let’s go on to making this chili!
- Heat up some olive oil and crushed garlic in a pan. Put in the ground beef/turkey along with your cut up onions and peppers.
- Cook all until meat is cooked through.
- Drain out all of that grease, and put your meat mixture into crock pot.
- Add – beans, strained tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, chili seasoning packets (i packet per pound), pepper, cayenne & oregano. I always taste as I go!
- Stir Stir Stir it all up!
- Cook on low for 4-8 hours. It really doesn’t matter since we cooked the meat prior to going into the crockpot. I like cooking things sloowwww and longgg – more flavorful
Then, when you can’t take just smelling this delicious chili – scoop a bunch into a bowl – add some sour cream and cheese (i mix it all up) and ENJOYYYYY!!!!!!
If you want it spicier, add Frank’s hot sauce! (or maybe it is a buffalo thing)
Yes – this is the size of Frank’s we have at home because someone needs to put it on absolutely everything he puts into his mouth! 😀